SDK for Java to Annotate Documents
Add Platform Independent, Multi-format Document & Image Annotation Functionality to your Apps.Start Free Trial
GroupDocs.Annotation Cloud SDK for Java
GroupDocs.Annotation Cloud is a REST API and universal document annotator that supports almost all common business document and image file formats, including PDF, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, TIFF, JPG and many more. API also works with all popular third-party cloud storage providers, including Amazon S3, Windows Azure, Box, Google Cloud and Dropbox. To facilitate the users to incorporate the services provided by the API in their Java applications, the SDK for Java has been developed, which is not only 100% tested but can be easily customized to suit your needs.
GroupDocs.Annotation set of SDK REST APIs is not dependent on your local operating system or database. We offer our SDK APIs in numerous programming languages and with frequent new additions.
GroupDocs.Annotation Cloud SDK for Java requires JDK.
Supported File Formats
GroupDocs.Annotation Cloud SDK APIs support following file formats:
- Word: DOC, DOCX, DOCM, DOT, DOTX, DOTM, RTF
- Excel: XLS, XLSX
- PowerPoint: PPT, PPTX, PPSX
- Visio: VSD, VDX, VSS, VSX, VTX, VSDX, VSSX, VSDM, VSTM, VSSM
- Outlook: EML, EMLX, MSG
- OpenDocument: ODT, OTT, ODP, OTP
- Fixed Layout: PDF
- Image Files: BMP, PNG, JPG, JPEG, TIFF, TIF, GIF
- Web: MHTML
- Text: TXT
Advanced Document Annotation REST API Features
Multiple file formats support
Export or import annotations
Robust set of annotation tools
Work with Document Annotations
GroupDocs.Annotation Cloud API provides a number of ways to deal with annotations. It not only allows retrieving annotations from documents, but also adds(exports) annotation to a document and retrieves the resultant document as stream.
Generate Images of Document Pages - Java
//TODO: Get your AppSID and AppKey at https://dashboard.groupdocs.cloud (free registration is required). // Create and get annotation api instance ImagePagesApi apiInstance = Utils.getImagePagesApiInstance(); // create request instance PostPagesRequest request = new PostPagesRequest(); request.setName("two-page.docx"); request.setFolder("annotationdocs"); // Call api with request ImagePages response = apiInstance.postPages(request); // Get and write output System.out.println("Pages count: " + response.getEntries().size()); System.out.println("Executed Successfully");
Robust Set of Annotation Tools
- Text annotation – add comments to selected text.
- Text replacement – highlight which text should be replaced with what.
- Text redaction – hide confidential text.
- Strikeout/underline – highlight text with strikethroughs/underlines.
- Typewriter – add sticky notes with rich text.
- Area annotation – add notes to an area highlighted with a rectangle.
- Point annotation – add notes to any point in the document.
- Area redaction – hide confidential parts of an image or text.
- Polyline – draw freehand lines and shapes.
- Pointer/arrow – drop arrows pointing to an object.
- Watermark – create text-based watermark overlays.
- Distance – measure the distance between any objects in a document.
It is easy to integrate GroupDocs.Annotation Cloud into your apps, as there is nothing to install on the server- or client-side. Simply create an account at GroupDocs Cloud and get your application information. Once you have the App SID & key, you are ready to give the GroupDocs.Annotation Cloud REST API a try, and can annotate a multitude of document formats with simple API calls.
GroupDocs.Annotation Cloud SDK is 100% tested and out of the box running. The SDK is open source and has an MIT license. You can use it, and even customize it for absolutely free of charge.