REST APIs to Annotate Documents on Any Platform
Add Platform Independent, Multi-format Document & Image Annotation Functionality to your Apps.Start Free Trial
GroupDocs.Annotation Cloud for cURL
GroupDocs.Annotation Cloud is a REST API and universal document annotator that supports almost all common business document and image file formats, including PDF, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, TIFF, JPG and many more. API also works with all popular third-party cloud storage providers, including Amazon S3, Windows Azure, Box, Google Cloud and Dropbox. Using cURL to handle HTTP requests and responses to the API, you can utilize all the features of the API, irrespective of the language or platform your app is built on.
Supported Operating Systems and Frameworks
API Supported Document Formats
GroupDocs.Annotation Cloud supports a number of document formats including almost all common business document and image file formats.
- Word: DOC, DOCX, DOCM, DOT, DOTX, DOTM, RTF
- Excel: XLS, XLSX
- PowerPoint: PPT, PPTX, PPSX
- Visio: VSD, VDX, VSS, VSX, VTX, VSDX, VSSX, VSDM, VSTM, VSSM
- Outlook: EML, EMLX, MSG
- OpenDocument: ODT, OTT, ODP, OTP
- Fixed Layout: PDF
- Image Files: BMP, PNG, JPG, JPEG, TIFF, TIF, GIF
- Web: MHTML
- Text: TXT
At a Glance
An overview of the features supported by our document annotation API for cURL.
- Area annotation
- Point annotation
- Area redaction
Advanced Document Annotation REST API Features
Multiple file formats support
Export or import annotations
Robust set of annotation tools
Work with Document Annotations
GroupDocs.Annotation Cloud for cURL provides a number of ways to deal with annotations. It not only allows retrieving annotations from documents, but also adds(exports) annotation to a document and retrieves the resultant document as stream.
Import Document Annotations - cURL
curl -v "https://api.groupdocs.cloud/v1/annotation/Annotated.pdf/annotations" \ -X GET \ -H "Content-Type: application/json" \ -H "authorization: Bearer 0v7TK3UGYjVBEcEIS9aaO0dsXAlt-KriIDnJGkDIPktFmuu6xIuou2-eVUD4"
Robust Set of Annotation Tools
- Text annotation – add comments to selected text.
- Text replacement – highlight which text should be replaced with what.
- Text redaction – hide confidential text.
- Strikeout/underline – highlight text with strikethroughs/underlines.
- Typewriter – add sticky notes with rich text.
- Area annotation – add notes to an area highlighted with a rectangle.
- Point annotation – add notes to any point in the document.
- Area redaction – hide confidential parts of an image or text.
- Polyline – draw freehand lines and shapes.
- Pointer/arrow – drop arrows pointing to an object.
- Watermark – create text-based watermark overlays.
- Distance – measure the distance between any objects in a document.
It is easy to integrate GroupDocs.Annotation Cloud into your apps, as there is nothing to install on the server- or client-side. Simply create an account at GroupDocs Cloud and get your application information. Once you have the App SID & key, you are ready to give the GroupDocs.Annotation Cloud REST API a try, and can annotate a multitude of document formats with simple API calls.
Language, Platform & Storage Independence
GroupDocs.Annotation Cloud can be used with any language or platform which supports HTTP requests and responses. It is completely independent of your operating system, database system or development language. Being a REST API, all responses delivered in JSON or XML format and uses HTTP response codes to indicate API errors.You can also use API with many third party storage providers including Amazon S3, Google Cloud, Google Drive and DropBox.